It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:53 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Uploading To GimpChat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
On the Note of adding Upload Screen Shot someone know of a tutorial on here as to how?

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:40 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
take a screenshot or upload here?
upload option are visible when posting a message or a reply, taking screenshoot is just press...printscreen key, (my keyboard is italian so printscreen has another name not sure that on a USA keyboard )

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:43 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Yeah it is Print Screen, I am just saying as in Cropping and whatever, there are some people who have asked on other sites how to upload Screenshots.

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
There is a tool out there forget the name but it snaps a shot of whatever you want and auto uploads it to its website.Then you just copy the link.Pretty handy, just wish i could remember the name.i have it installed ill look for it.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:47 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
That one you showed up at the top worked :D

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:14 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
i use this
http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/M ... index.html

may be a overkill but may do tons of things almost impossible with the others (as capture window scrolling out of the screen ) and is quite handy to add text, arrows etc on the fly to the grabbed

works also without the key, (that is free) only without pop out a reminder when called

(there is also a more simple version scroll page for the link )

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:22 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan

Fireshot For Firefox
Auto Uploaded for me to Imageshack and even to my account :D

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Uploading To GimpChat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Willy wrote:
On the Note of adding Upload Screen Shot someone know of a tutorial on here as to how?

It's the TOP sticky in this forum..

viewforum.php?f=13

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Uploading To GimpChat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:40 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Sorry about that I had never seen that post as I have never had problems uploading to this site.
Looks exactly like what I was suggesting though.
Thanks Tux

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help Board suggestion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:45 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
mahvin wrote:
Testing this one I use called webpage screenshot (http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/):

Ok, it doesn't want to display.

Looks as though they are blocking hotlinking on their server. No embedding allowed. Direct view only. :(

Willy wrote:
Sorry about that I had never seen that post as I have never had problems uploading to this site.
Looks exactly like what I was suggesting though.

No problem. Sometimes its easy to overlook the individual forum links. That where the good stickies are. :mrgreen:

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Uploading To GimpChat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm  (#11) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 697
I use faststone image viewer for screen grabs and annotating them using the built in draw table:
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

-Rob A>


Attachments:
File comment: sample
2011-04-08_203222.jpg
2011-04-08_203222.jpg [ 84.93 KiB | Viewed 2230 times ]

_________________
Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA
Top
 Post subject: Re: Uploading To GimpChat
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:35 pm  (#12) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Yeah i use the FastStone capture also for video tutorials and screen capture.
I am with you Rob i love the draw table :lol
Anything i need to upload here i use the uploader built in.
Anything other than here i use my Imageshack auto uploader.Then copy the png link.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group