It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:05 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:14 am  (#381) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Artloader - thank you for that; Issabella says that we are all having a party :)

Issabella - nice shiny metal frame; we must be on the same wave length, as I was creating some metal frames on my main PC today but I got kicked off it because of 'dog club' priorities ... :roll: I have downloaded your metal emaps to see what I can borrow!

Anyway here is something a little different, although it is of course still glass/wood/metal ...

Image

... lots of Ofnuts paths in this one.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 am  (#382) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Great OMG, if we are on the same wave length, then you may pass me some of your nice ideas. :hehe
I like your last result, you gave me a new idea about a composition. I'll try to get it. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:12 am  (#383) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I got it! my new frame which was inspired by OMG's works. :)


Attachments:
Black Glass & Metal-Frame-Issa.PNG
Black Glass & Metal-Frame-Issa.PNG [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 1299 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:31 am  (#384) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Isabella, that is just beautiful. Could you give a quick run-down on how to achieve such a lovely graphic?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:53 am  (#385) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you 2-ton, you are very kind. :) I loaded the files (a brush and my .xcf) you can get from there the shape for corners. It took me long time to get the brush in appropriate distance under path and dynamics track direction. I think it was about 150. The e-map which I used is in the zip, too. I hope it helps. :bigthup


Attachments:
Files-Frame-Issa.zip [5 MiB]
Downloaded 101 times

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:50 pm  (#386) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Haha, I am not sure I know how to read an xcf! I didn't even realize you use brushes for the corners! What I am hoping to do is to make a victorian looking fancy schmancy frame for an old looking photograph! I will download what you have shared, thanks. Are there any hints as to how it all went together? Also, this is to anyone...I forgot where to find that filter that makes a starburst rainbow that many use behind their glass creations. I know its simple but I don't even remember the name of the filter. I am so forgetful, I made a note about it but can't find my note. Argh.


*ok, so I looked over the xcf, and from what I can tell, you built up most of the components of the frame as one graphic, and then used the finished product to brl into the new project, yes?


Last edited by 2-ton on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:55 pm  (#387) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Excuse me 2-ton as my English isn't good, the corners aren't brushes, they are shapes that you can get in a layer from .xcf :(

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:06 pm  (#388) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
2-Ton: I think the starburst is from Diego's glass frame effects filter. Do you still have it?

http://gimpscripts.com/?s=diego+glass


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 pm  (#389) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I think so, but I don't remember where to find it!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:14 pm  (#390) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Issabella: Those frames are beautiful!! Thank you for the info and the e-maps.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:21 pm  (#391) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Pat. :)
2-ton, you can look for "create a glass frame around an image-v.1.1 Diego's script. Also you can find rays in GMIC. Look at the shot.


Attachments:
Captura.JPG
Captura.JPG [ 46.89 KiB | Viewed 1156 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:25 pm  (#392) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
surely Raffaello -looking down from the heaven- appreciates your efforts, my friend !
You got a superb outcome !
Congrats !

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:35 pm  (#393) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I looked for the script, and cannot find where it is listed. I have it, and used it before, but cannot find where it is listed in my gimp filters! I looked in filters and in script-fu, but no luck so far. It's hiding from me.

*found it, it has it's own heading on my menu bar, smh.


Last edited by 2-ton on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:39 pm  (#394) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
2-Ton: Did you look in Script-fu/Frames? If can't find it, download from link below.

http://gimpscripts.com/?s=diego+glass


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:49 pm  (#395) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I found it here, hiding in plain sight!!!

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:51 pm  (#396) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Dinasset. I appreciate so much your words. :)
Good ! you found the filter 2-ton! :bigthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Last edited by Issabella on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:03 pm  (#397) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - what more can I say; just wow wow wow, I love that frame :jumpclap :bigthup

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:44 pm  (#398) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Had to honor the most exotic pet we have had (brought home by one of our sons.) This is Meryl, a green Peruvian Iguana. He was neglected a lot by a previous owner for the first 3 years of his life and only weighed a couple pounds. I had to give him B-12 shots for awhile! When he died at age 14, he weight 22 lbs. He was given lots of attention and became quite interactive with the family. He loved to raid my flower garden in our back yard. He is missed.
Attachment:
Meryl in Flowers.jpg
Meryl in Flowers.jpg [ 479.78 KiB | Viewed 1147 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:13 pm  (#399) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I'm so happy you to like the frame, OMG. Thank you so much. :tyspin
Pat, how nice your outcome homage to your family's pet. It's always sad when they go away but you must think how much love he got from you all.
You did a very good job Pat. :coolthup :bigthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 pm  (#400) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you very much, Issabella. You have such beautiful designs in all of the forums.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1026 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group