It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 2:20 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong section please move it. I am having trouble working out a Dynamic that will go the whole length of my spiral. I have made a Dynamic that diminishes in size but wont go the whole way.Image

_________________
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:53 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Have you tried setting the dynamics fade length? :)


Attachments:
DynamicsFadeLength.jpg
DynamicsFadeLength.jpg [ 265.43 KiB | Viewed 3840 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Kimba - looks like SysTemX beat me to it!

Still its all about the diisappearing chocolate Tim Tam ...

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:08 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
Thanks Fella's but I didn't it want to fade just grow smaller. Strangely it happens on a smaller path as well so can't be the size.
I'd like the Timtams if they were dark chocolate the milk chocolate is just too sweet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:34 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Kimba - OK then have a look at 'velocity tapering', it may do the job, but now I am starting to get in deep water!!...

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:48 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 13, 2015
Posts: 312
Location: Somewhere between lost and found.
Untested, but I think the theory is sound.....
1 Work on a new layer with an alpha channel
2 Set the fade length to double what you need
3 After you get the disappearing act right, run
Layers -> Transparency -> Threshold Alpha with a setting of .1

Might do the trick.

_________________
The answer was 42. The question is long forgotten. The computer that solved it is now destroyed.
The MK-2 has been built. Should this be the next question?
(Solve if you can ... ;) )
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:34 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 1088
Ok this was rushed and is probably more confusing than helpful, but...

You might also view this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9382
:)
:oops: :roll: Posted wrong pic. It's the top one.


Attachments:
Dynamics-link.jpg
Dynamics-link.jpg [ 319.66 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]
Dynamics-link.jpg
Dynamics-link.jpg [ 270.68 KiB | Viewed 3768 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
Thanks Conbagui, but it doesn't work on my image.Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:02 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
I used Ofnuts Golden Spiral.py.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:31 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
I solved the mystery. It was when I played with filling the path I had the revelation that the path is made of sections rather than being one.Image So I looked among the other Path Tools and found Splice Path. I wasn't sure what it did but I tried it and it worked. Image I now have one solid path.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Dynamics help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 am  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 13, 2015
Posts: 312
Location: Somewhere between lost and found.
As long as You found a solution, it is always worth it! (We always try.)

_________________
The answer was 42. The question is long forgotten. The computer that solved it is now destroyed.
The MK-2 has been built. Should this be the next question?
(Solve if you can ... ;) )
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group