It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:21 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 52  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:46 am  (#481) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks my friends. I love those symbols a lot they are beautiful but you, OMG make them be even more beautiful.
About the golden frame, yes I created it myself after many hours trying it. It was difficult for me. But my real aim was to get the same but thinner. It was as those delicate grid net which cover nice wine bottles. I've failed always.
As I know that you OMG and Pat, like it here you are. Enjoy it.


Attachments:
golden-grid.zip [213.74 KiB]
Downloaded 93 times

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:34 pm  (#482) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you very much Issabella. I will certainly use it!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:54 pm  (#483) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Thank you Issabella for that wire pattern

Well what a GIMP day this has been ...after that morning glass pattern serendipity moment (worth 4x a senior's moment!) I'm not sure which way to turn, there is so much more to try out now ...

Image

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:17 am  (#484) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
You are welcome Pat and OMG. Beautiful creations. The first one remembers me a bedcover my Mum had. :) Well Done OMG. I like them :bigthup

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:24 pm  (#485) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - thank you, but the idea a 'glass bed cover' really amuses me :hehe

I am still playing with my glass Maori brushes and the gold gradient -

Image

... and Issabella your wire (modified a little) is the backgound.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:44 am  (#486) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Attachment:
Glass Practice.jpg
Glass Practice.jpg [ 1.81 MiB | Viewed 1356 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:03 am  (#487) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
really nice, Pat !

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:19 am  (#488) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
I'm happy you to use the frame. Nice outcome and I love the paths (you are a master in it) :coolthup Nice thread this OMG, I love it. :)
Pat you are great in imagination, too. I like your outcome and the combination you have done. :coolthup
This one took me many hours and got many fails, too. I couldn't get some better in it.


Attachments:
Final_Golden_stained_glass-door.PNG
Final_Golden_stained_glass-door.PNG [ 5.59 MiB | Viewed 1346 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:11 am  (#489) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
the outcome worths the effort, great, Issabella.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:38 am  (#490) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: You always amaze me as to how shiny you get your glass creations.
Issabella: Lovely stained glass! Beautiful. I would love to have a stained glass door like that.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 pm  (#491) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - I agree with Dinasset :)

Pat625 - that is really lovely Pat; I see you also found the metal door picture on which I modelled my art deco doors. I will PM you some quick tips on shiny glass :hi5

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm  (#492) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you Dinasset, Issabella, and OMG for your nice comments. OMG, I did not know that it was the same door picture, I was just searching for something I could use. I would gladly like your tips on shiny glass!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm  (#493) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
I liked Issabella's idea of the stained glass window, so thought I would do one too - but it got hijacked somewhere along the way, influenced by some art deco pattern ...

Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:20 pm  (#494) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Another fantastic creation OMG! Beautiful creation in this one, too. I like your shiny glass and combination of colours you do.
Very attractive indeed. :clap :gimp

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:44 pm  (#495) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5063
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - I am humbled by your words. Thank you.

This one, when I started out, was intended for the art deco thread but I thought that, apart from the photo from Napier (New Zealand), it had little art deco about it when completed ...

Image

... but it does have a lot of glass :hehe

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:48 pm  (#496) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
OMG: Lovely! You know how I love lots of shiny glass.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:26 am  (#497) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
OMG, I like your perspective in your outcome, it's innovative, I suppose you used paths and you are a master in it. :coolthup :gimp
I did this one in combination of glass and metal. :)


Attachments:
Final-Playingwithglass&metal.jpg
Final-Playingwithglass&metal.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 1270 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:33 am  (#498) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
that's really nice, Issabella

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:37 am  (#499) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I really like the shapes in your images, Issabella. The various shades of purple blend together nicely.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Glass & metal ornaments & effects
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:00 pm  (#500) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Some metal and glass:
Attachment:
Door Knocker.jpg
Door Knocker.jpg [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 1248 times ]


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1028 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 52  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group