It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:55 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 73  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 am  (#501) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Posts: 875
OMG,
Don't underestimate yourself! A very effective and novel result.

dinasset,
I really like the mosaic.

david.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:45 am  (#502) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 28, 2016
Posts: 312
Location: Netherlands
A bit playing with colors and light:


Attachments:
bridge.jpg
bridge.jpg [ 1.59 MiB | Viewed 1326 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:23 am  (#503) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks to you all for your contributions in this thread. I'm really learning from you to give solutions to different kind of pictures. Many very novel and creative. Also, I see that most effective solution is a simple correction in contrast or colour balance. :) Thanks for your Mastering. :tyspin


Attachments:
DSC_0404.JPG
DSC_0404.JPG [ 884.04 KiB | Viewed 1321 times ]
DSC_0388.JPG
DSC_0388.JPG [ 515.57 KiB | Viewed 1321 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:59 am  (#504) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Posts: 875
Two more - no rest for the wicked!!! :hehe

1st - lake_and_rocks: Luminosity Mask DDD for more detail in the darkest areas, Mask MM to adjust generally, sharpened.
2nd - lake_and_trees: Rotate 1.83 degrees. Crop to use tree trunks and shadow at the bottom as a frame, also to lower horizon from centre-line.
Played with curves to adjust brightness and colours, sharpened.

david.


Attachments:
lake_and_rocks.JPG
lake_and_rocks.JPG [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 1312 times ]
lake_and_trees.JPG
lake_and_trees.JPG [ 900.62 KiB | Viewed 1312 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:47 am  (#505) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Posts: 875
Another try at lake_and_rocks.
Heavily modified DDD mask to select only the very darkest areas (rocks and tree trunks and branches).
M mask for overall adjustment. Used Colours/Components to emphasise colours and sharpened,

david.


Attachments:
lake_and_rocks1.JPG
lake_and_rocks1.JPG [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 1304 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:44 am  (#506) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 06, 2016
Posts: 1033
Saw a storm on the horizon.
alpha to photo
duplicate
ran ausharp
quick mask, erase forground, duplicate layer
quick mask, erase more forground, duplicate layer etc 4 or 5 times
try to cut on "natural" lines.
then left foreground sharpened,
Gaussian blur at increasing levels with highest on background
Made "rain" with new layers and gradients.


Attachments:
2bridges_ori.jpg
2bridges_ori.jpg [ 1.22 MiB | Viewed 1294 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:15 am  (#507) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
David, you did so nice results and I can see your effective enhancement. :bigthup
Also I'm learning that one has to have in mind many aspects before shooting the button in the camera (sure that in English "this sentence" will be said in a different way, sorry) :hehe

Animicule, what a dominium of effects you have. I can see the storm and rain in the horizon. :hi5

I'm still in my process to get something. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:03 pm  (#508) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
my try
-dup
-unsharp mask (1.0)
-color curve to lighten dark areas and darken light areas
-set to multiply

Attachment:
DSC_0404-dn1.JPG
DSC_0404-dn1.JPG [ 936.68 KiB | Viewed 1265 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:12 pm  (#509) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
...and the second picture
-dup
-unsharp mask 1.0
-colors curve to adjust balance between dark and light areas
-set to grain merge at 75%
-dup lumainvert overlay at 80%
Attachment:
DSC_0388-dn1.JPG
DSC_0388-dn1.JPG [ 876.11 KiB | Viewed 1264 times ]


edit: first step was adjusting the horizon

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:19 pm  (#510) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 12, 2016
Posts: 198
Location: Illinois, USA
david wrote:
Two more - no rest for the wicked!!! :hehe

1st - lake_and_rocks: Luminosity Mask DDD for more detail in the darkest areas, Mask MM to adjust generally, sharpened.
2nd - lake_and_trees: Rotate 1.83 degrees. Crop to use tree trunks and shadow at the bottom as a frame, also to lower horizon from centre-line.
Played with curves to adjust brightness and colours, sharpened.

david.

I was wondering what Rotate 1.83 degrees means ?
What it does and the purpose ... I have no idea.
Remember, I'm a Novice just trying to learn more.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:29 pm  (#511) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Serious Tom, I think that it is related to the picture. It isn't correctly horizontal and it's necessary to correct it by using rotating tool.

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:32 pm  (#512) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Dinasset, You are a master and get such beautiful results. :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 pm  (#513) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 12, 2016
Posts: 198
Location: Illinois, USA
Issabella wrote:
Serious Tom, I think that it is related to the picture. It isn't correctly horizontal and it's necessary to correct it by using rotating tool.

Okay, guess I didn't notice that.
Thanks,

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:57 pm  (#514) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
You're welcome Serious Tom. I rotated mine. I used an horizontal guide. Duplicate layer - corrected dark zones - applied a bit of brown colour nuance at low intensity.


Attachments:
DSC_0388-Issa.JPG
DSC_0388-Issa.JPG [ 772.05 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:05 pm  (#515) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
My other try. Duplicate layer - colour curve - tone map - low opacity.


Attachments:
DSC_0404-Issa.JPG
DSC_0404-Issa.JPG [ 948.04 KiB | Viewed 1256 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:36 pm  (#516) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Posts: 875
Issabella,

Your view of the lake between the trees, I love the deep gold/red you got among the grass and the deep blue of the water and sky!

SeriousTom,

I notice when the horizon is not level because, however hard I try, I invariably find in my photographs it tilts one way or the other!
I draw a line with the measure tool. At the bottom of the screen it will tell you the angle and I put this angle into Tools/Transform/Rotate.
To fix the triangle of transparency that are left at the edges after rotation, I use Filters/Enhance/Heal Transparency. Mostly it does quite a good job, which means I don't have to crop too much from the picture.

david.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:54 pm  (#517) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Tom, to correct the horizon you may also:
- click on "Perspective Tool"
- choose option Corrective (Backward)
(you see the net with all horizontal/verical lines)
- move the grid until you see the horizon matching one of the horizontal lines of the net
- click "Transform"
(afterwards you likely have to crop the image)

Attachment:
CatturaBefore.PNG
CatturaBefore.PNG [ 2.16 MiB | Viewed 1240 times ]


Attachment:
CatturaCorrecting.PNG
CatturaCorrecting.PNG [ 2.19 MiB | Viewed 1240 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:04 am  (#518) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you David for your comment. I'm happy you to like the colour I got. :)
Thank you so much Dinasset. I've learnt the right way to correct the horizon in photos. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:56 am  (#519) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 15, 2014
Posts: 875
dinasset,

Interesting to read your alternative way of correcting a tilted horizon.
When using the Perspective Tool, is there any way of rotating the grid, in total, thereby avoiding distortion of the image?

david.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For lovers of photography
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:18 am  (#520) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
David,
as far as I know, it's up to you rotate to recreate the rectangle

Attachment:
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG [ 2.83 MiB | Viewed 1228 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 73  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group