It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:52 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:16 am  (#1) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
I've been contacted by mail by would-be user "BiffBrown" who didn't receive the registration mail despite several attempts.
Can some admin help him?

_________________
Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:28 am  (#2) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
As far as I can tell,
there isn't a registered member named "BiffBrown" here on Gimp Chat.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:59 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 23, 2016
Posts: 317
ofnuts wrote:
I've been contacted by mail by would-be user "BiffBrown" who didn't receive the registration mail despite several attempts.
Can some admin help him?


I had the same problem. I tried to register with the name Blighty and my usual email address. The activation emails didn't reach me. So I registered as Blighty II and an email address that I seldom use. That worked.


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:02 am  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Wallace wrote:
As far as I can tell,
there isn't a registered member named "BiffBrown" here on Gimp Chat.


Of course, he is trying to register but that doesn't work :) But you should have him in some "pending" status (unless these are cleaned periodically)

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:34 am  (#5) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
ofnuts wrote:
Of course, he is trying to register but that doesn't work :) But you should have him in some "pending" status (unless these are cleaned periodically)

I activated BiffBrown's account.
This should be all that is needed.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:44 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
ofnuts wrote:
Wallace wrote:
As far as I can tell,
there isn't a registered member named "BiffBrown" here on Gimp Chat.


Of course, he is trying to register but that doesn't work :) But you should have him in some "pending" status (unless these are cleaned periodically)

I believe O, Myself and Tux were the only ones who had Admin access (control panel) to user logins, boards, and registration files. O could probably send a temp password for that username to this person if you ask her. I think she still has access.


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 pm  (#7) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Sep 19, 2016
Posts: 2
Rod wrote:
ofnuts wrote:
Wallace wrote:
As far as I can tell,
there isn't a registered member named "BiffBrown" here on Gimp Chat.


Of course, he is trying to register but that doesn't work :) But you should have him in some "pending" status (unless these are cleaned periodically)

I believe O, Myself and Tux were the only ones who had Admin access (control panel) to user logins, boards, and registration files. O could probably send a temp password for that username to this person if you ask her. I think she still has access.


Many thanks, Ofnuts. I finally got here. :)
Thanks to everyone who helped.

:tyspin

PS. She's a He!


Top
 Post subject: Re: New user doesn't receive his registration mail
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:14 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
BiffBrown wrote:

Many thanks, Ofnuts. I finally got here. :)
Thanks to everyone who helped.

:tyspin

PS. She's a He!

:)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group