It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:39 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:00 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
This might be a little off topic for this section of the board but does anyone know of a decent (or even lousy) application to manage my quadrillion brushes? I suppose I should stand in front of the group and say "Hi, My name is George and I'm an addict." Or maybe it's just the fact that I like to have as many resources available to be as possible but I literally have 4 or 5000 brushes and still will snag more that I like. At first it was a lot of fun, then somewhere along the line I got more than I could remember. I'd like to have something that will catalog them for me. I have abrViewer and it's nice but it will take the rest of my life to go through all of them like that. I'm even willing to pay for one if it's within my budget if I can just find one that works. I've heard myths and legends of one that works as a gimp plugin and actually did find it but never could get it to work. To salvage what's left of my mental health I hope someone knows of something that can extricate me from the quagmire of brushes I'm stuck in. Well, that was a little dramatic but it made my point and didn't involve using netspeak, which I hate.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:51 am  (#2) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
there is a executable python plug-in for that...a brush manager that takes all your brushes and organizes them by folder name.Basically its called the GIMP Unified Resource Manager (GURM)
dl it here: http://registry.gimp.org/files/gurm_v07.zip
unzip and follow READ-ME carefully. =)

enjoy!

___________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am  (#3) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Note: That will only work if you have Python-Fu installed.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:11 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
woops forgot to mention that ...thx O =)

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:35 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
very nice textures, Rod!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Thx 2 ton
i was bored so i decided to do some sewing in InkScape =P


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:00 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
the wowgold spammer hit again

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Application to manage brushes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am  (#8) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
PhotoComix wrote:
the wowgold spammer hit again
:lol Yeah, don't let him fool you, PhotoComix, it's all fool's gold. He got what's coming to him - banned and dumped.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group