It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:11 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:00 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Trying to see if I can upload using Safari... nope, could not upload either a .jpg or a .png.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:17 pm  (#22) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
2-ton wrote:
Trying to see if I can upload using Safari... nope,
could not upload either a .jpg or a .png.

Okay...
Thanks 2-ton.

This happens using the web browsers Chrome,
Edge,
Forefox and now Safari.

I think it would be fair to say,
that this is not a browser issue.

* * *

I just tried uploading a small PNG image.
Using the Opera browser and wasn't able to upload the png image.

We can now add Opera to the list of browser.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:37 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1477
"I think it would be fair to say, that this is not a browser issue."

Then it's a server-side issue, maybe the database? Cache-cleaning the DB could fix it.
An underlying problem is the size of modern web databases. Apparently facebook has the biggest distributed DB on Earth.
Users come to expect that DB's will be of unlimited size. (like YouTube)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:44 pm  (#24) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Tas_mania wrote:
"I think it would be fair to say, that this is not a browser issue."

Then it's a server-side issue, maybe the database? Cache-cleaning the DB could fix it.
An underlying problem is the size of modern web databases. Apparently facebook has the biggest distributed DB on Earth.
Users come to expect that DB's will be of unlimited size. (like YouTube)

I would tend to agree.

Me being a moderator,
I have very limited to no access to those kind of things.

This would have to be done by the site owner.
I've already sent him a PM and an e-mail about this issue.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I think it's time to reboot the server.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:20 pm  (#26) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5055
Location: Sydney Australia
Ditto the above - cannot upload images :gaah

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:20 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
OMG, if you change the image type to zip it is accepted, I tried, but it's obviously ridiculous, because then you need to "download" it and change the type back to jpg to see the image.
Hope someone will be able to reset the "allowed attachment types" list for gimp-chat.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
That works right, Dinasset. But as you say, waiting for someone solving the problem.

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 am  (#29) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Hm. Can someone provide the URL of a post with these supposedly "invalid" images? Everything seems OK for me...

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:43 am  (#30) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115367823 ... 2/sizes/o/
Tried a png in Mozilla and it is not uploading. Pic was only small too

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:45 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
posting.php?mode=reply&f=13&t=15445

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:05 am  (#32) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
I just tried several pngs and they will not load. I wonder if the issue is a change in servers when the domain was fixed? Smaller size perhaps?
Wallace didn't Omega tell you he was turning over FT protocols to someone after fixing the domain issue?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:11 am  (#33) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Hmmm. Trying to upload a ZIP says "The uploaded file is empty"

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p12820232

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p7051955

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 am  (#34) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16180
ofnuts wrote:

Yes i assumed it was an error on the side of the server itself.
I sent Jacob an email concerning your efforts Ofnuts thank you.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 am  (#35) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Rod wrote:
I just tried several pngs and they will not load. I wonder if the issue is a change in servers when the domain was fixed? Smaller size perhaps?
Wallace didn't Omega tell you he was turning over FT protocols to someone after fixing the domain issue?

No,
there was no discussion about FT protocol turnover.
I haven't heard for Omega in a long time.


ofnuts wrote:
Hm. Can someone provide the URL of a post with these supposedly "invalid" images? Everything seems OK for me...



* * *

The image below,
is a direct link form my Photobucket account.

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:43 am  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I will try to post an image.

I tried 5 different images and it they all came up with the same message.
Upload 145_'t upload.png could ot be uploaded

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:45 am  (#37) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
molly wrote:
I will try to post an image.

I tried 5 different images and it they all came up with the same message.
Upload 145_'t upload.png could ot be uploaded

Is that so?

Welcome to the party Molly.

:hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am  (#38) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Since it still worked for me with not too big image, but now doesn't work at all, it starts looking like some filesystem filled up. So I wonder what will break next, in particular when the database will need to grow.

I sent a PM to Omega during the January outage. He hasn't read it yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:05 pm  (#39) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14222
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
ofnuts wrote:
Since it still worked for me with not too big image, but now doesn't work at all, it starts looking like some filesystem filled up. So I wonder what will break next, in particular when the database will need to grow.

I sent a PM to Omega during the January outage. He hasn't read it yet.

That's "par for the course" with Omega.
It's very frustrating for me,
to sit back and watch all that's going on.
My hands are tied,
there's nothing that I can do about this.

:(

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Invalid Images??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:50 pm  (#40) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Don't complain, I contemplated a MyBB/MySQL error for while...

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group