It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:40 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: About Blender
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Hi all,

I was trying to make this tutorial in Blender.

https://youtu.be/LshPEGiHsqc

At some point you have to add a new ivy.
I'm working with Blender 2.79 and find 'Update Ivy' but not 'Add new Ivy'.
Downloaded and installed the portable version on a USB.
Also there isn't a possibility in the Ivy generator to 'Add a new Ivy'

Anyone an idea how to solve this problem?


Attachments:
ivy generator.JPG
ivy generator.JPG [ 30.57 KiB | Viewed 10297 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Last edited by Ella on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Add - Curve - Add Ivy (or so I am led to believe)
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Curve/Ivy_Gen


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:37 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Thank you for the link Erisan.
The funny thing is I already had the script in my Blender folder but it doesn't work properly.
On my previous PC the script worked without any problem, that was a windows 32 bit and now I have a windows 64 bit.
In this link I only see a download for windows 32.
http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/
Maybe that's the problem then.


Attachments:
addon.JPG
addon.JPG [ 84 KiB | Viewed 10270 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube
Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 30, 2016
Posts: 145
I have the same issue in 2.79b, in 2.80 I get an error message.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Glad I'm not the only one who has that problem, TimeLord :)
I'll make the part where the Ivy generator is needed on my old computer then.
The rest on the newer one. The rendering on this goes much faster.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:46 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Posts: 462
Location: Stockholm
32 bit dont exist any longer and Blender 2.8 still only as beta.

_________________
Late 2017 iMac Retina 4K 21,5 inch Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.4
3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphic card Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designers.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:07 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 30, 2016
Posts: 145
2.8 is experimental the beta version is due out later this year.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:14 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
You don't need a separate script. In user preferences, select the add on tab then in the search bar type Ivy. Check the box then save preferences and you should have a working copy. It is already included in Blender now so you can remove any you have downloaded separately.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Lurifax73 wrote:
32 bit dont exist any longer and Blender 2.8 still only as beta.


TimeLord wrote:
2.8 is experimental the beta version is due out later this year.


Lurifax73 and TimeLord, it's beginning to get a bit too technical for me. I can't follow anymore :oops: :)



Erisian wrote:
You don't need a separate script. In user preferences, select the add on tab then in the search bar type Ivy. Check the box then save preferences and you should have a working copy. It is already included in Blender now so you can remove any you have downloaded separately.


Erisian, I didn't download any script, just referring to a link that mentioned Windows 32.
I know the Ivy generator is included in Blender and I checked the box in the addons menu.
The problem is that on this computer I miss two buttons to work with it 'Add new Ivy' and 'Add new default Ivy'
Compare this printscreen (taken from my old computer) with the previous one (from my newer PC) and you will see.
I thought maybe the two buttons where now at another place. Therefor my question.

Anyway, thank you all for the replies.


Attachments:
ivy-gen.JPG
ivy-gen.JPG [ 41.34 KiB | Viewed 10232 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube
Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:07 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 30, 2016
Posts: 145
Hi Ella Louise

The file below is version 1.4.

"Add new ivy" shows in 2.79b.

Attachment:
add_curve_ivygen.zip [7.18 KiB]
Downloaded 405 times


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:13 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
TimeLord, I downloaded and installed the file. The button "Add new ivy" still doesn't show up.
Thanks for your time and effort. But I'll make the animation on my two PC's.

Ella

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:33 pm  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Posts: 462
Location: Stockholm
Dont mix old 32 bit with new 64 bit.
Delete your old Blender 2.79 and download Blender 2.79 and you have 64 bit.

Image

_________________
Late 2017 iMac Retina 4K 21,5 inch Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.4
3,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphic card Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Affinity Photo and Affinity Designers.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 pm  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
I'm new to blender, so can't give you much advice. My version is 2.76 as that's the version available in my s/w repository. Everything is there as shown in the video tutorial. Here is an image while rendering. I'll post the final gif when done.

Attachment:
Vines.jpg
Vines.jpg [ 598.43 KiB | Viewed 3560 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 am  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Lurifax73 wrote:
Dont mix old 32 bit with new 64 bit.
Delete your old Blender 2.79 and download Blender 2.79 and you have 64 bit.

[ [url=http://gimpchat.com/files/2596_Skärmavbild_2018-05-20_kl__01_26_35.png]Image[/url] ]


I don't mix old 32 with the new 64 bit, Lurafix. And I already renewed the Blender download 2.79b, but still missing the 'Add new vine' button. Don't know if there is any in version 2.79b.
What I did was making the part where the add new vine is necessary on my older computer. Then copied the Blender file on a USB and rendered the animation on my 64 bit computer. And it worked :)

Why the add new vine button doesn't show up on my 64 bit will stay a mystery :puzzled

The animation I can't post here. I just add the last frame.


raxer-x, your animation seems successful also :)


Attachments:
0200.png
0200.png [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 3548 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube
Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:24 am  (#15) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 30, 2016
Posts: 145
Nice to know you finished the tutorial Ella. Blender can seem daunting when you start using it.

Have you checked the tutorials at Blender Guru?


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 am  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Thanks for the link to the blender tut Ella. I learned a few things with that one, like how to add an image to a plane.

It took a while to render, so I went to bed. Here is the animation:

Attachment:
Vines.gif
Vines.gif [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 3538 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
TimeLord wrote:
Nice to know you finished the tutorial Ella. Blender can seem daunting when you start using it.

Have you checked the tutorials at Blender Guru?


Yes TimeLord I watched several Blenderguru tutorials. They are really good, he explains a lot.
But like you say, in the beginning Blender can be daunting and overwhelming.
Then the Tutor4u tutorials can give you some courage to go on. The techniques are very detailed and the outcome mostly satisfying. However sometimes you don't know exactly what the tool does. They are a nice addition to each other.

Racer-X, very beautiful outcome. Your colors are much brighter than mine.The rendering can take a few hours and this animation has 200 frames.
How did you turn the outcome in a gif animation. I don't think Blinder has a gif output.

(BTW It's very difficult to post something on the forum. The page doesn't always load.)

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:18 am  (#18) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
I exported to h264.avi, Then I used ffmpeg to convert the avi into an animated GIF. It's very fast and the quality is OK. If you download WinFF, I can post my presets. Animated GIF is just one of them.


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:27 am  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
racer-x wrote:
I exported to h264.avi, Then I used ffmpeg to convert the avi into an animated GIF. It's very fast and the quality is OK. If you download WinFF, I can post my presets. Animated GIF is just one of them.


I've downloaded WinFF :)

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: A Blender question
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
OK, attached is my Presets.xml file. Use it in place of the one that come with WinFF. Here's how to use it..
Attachment:
presets.xml.7z [1.17 KiB]
Downloaded 124 times


Attachment:
winff.png
winff.png [ 41.04 KiB | Viewed 3515 times ]


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group