It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 1:15 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:27 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
If it's the fonts loading step, there is a trick indicated here on GC (by Ofnuts?).

No time at the moment to search.
maybe this one https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Windo ... workaround

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 am  (#22) 
Hi sallyanne. You should installed the plugin from ofnuts, "addoncollectionmanager 3.0". I have a lot of Fonts, Paint brushes, scripts... and my gimp download fast. You'll be able to manage and install only the stuffs as you need them and not all at once. A member from here GC (Molly) explained very well how to set up your gimp directory using this plugin. Here is the link viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13277&p=200891&hilit=addonCollectionManager+3.0#p200891


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 am  (#23) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8477
Location: On the other side of your screen
I have a relatively new gimp with only a few brushes/pattern and font's that I transferred over from the 2.8. I don't actually see it loading fonts at all now - when I get new ones I usually download them to my computer's fonts. [In fact my personal font folder is empty] When loading it gets to the arkane path shape maker (loads but doesn't work in my gimp) and seems to slow down. I also have very few scripts.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:34 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I am pretty frustrated with this 2.10.6 business right now. It seems I finally get rid of one problem only to have another. Loading the program halfway through I get a black screen which you have to hit any key to continue or it won't load. Also when I try to add additional plug-in folders to Preferences They only stay there until I close the program. Next time I load the program they have all disappeared from edit/preferences. At times, it does not keep my theme or icon choices either. I need to get rid of this. I have limited Gimp time, and when I do get to Gimp, most of my time is spent fixing something so I can use the program.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:24 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Sorry about all the issues you are experiencing, Pat. Again, I would try the delete gimprc file trick and see what happens. Anyway, again, ever since I deleted the pluginsrc file, I've not had an issue with the GIMP. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:08 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Pat625 wrote:
I am pretty frustrated with this 2.10.6 business right now. It seems I finally get rid of one problem only to have another. Loading the program halfway through I get a black screen which you have to hit any key to continue or it won't load. Also when I try to add additional plug-in folders to Preferences They only stay there until I close the program. Next time I load the program they have all disappeared from edit/preferences. At times, it does not keep my theme or icon choices either. I need to get rid of this. I have limited Gimp time, and when I do get to Gimp, most of my time is spent fixing something so I can use the program.

Pat, if you are still using Samj's pack, try to link your plug-ins folders in Gimp/Edit/Preference and not inside the Preferences folder of the pack.
My Gimp/Edit/Preferences/Folders/Plug-ins
Attachment:
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG [ 49.81 KiB | Viewed 3059 times ]

My Samj'sPack folder/Preferences/
Attachment:
Cattura2.PNG
Cattura2.PNG [ 48.02 KiB | Viewed 3059 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Anyone get constant crashes with latest GIMP release?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:22 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
I am linking them from Edit/Preferences. I did not know of any other way to do it. I see what you mean. You keep your plug-in folders outside of the 2.10.6/Preference/plug-ins folder.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will give this a try and let you know how it goes. I have tried deleting the pluginrc and gimprc which did not help.

Edit: I tried moving them to another folder which seem to work OK. I turned off my computer while I had to do other things. When I restarted my computer, all of the folders had disappeared again from the Edit/Preferences/Plugins folder. I really do not under this, never had trouble with this before.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group