It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:55 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:26 am  (#121) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
An "heretical" B&W ink-pen drawing.
Attachment:
BlackWhite.jpg
BlackWhite.jpg [ 2.5 MiB | Viewed 4383 times ]


Setting HSV Value over the original.
Attachment:
HSVoverSource.jpg
HSVoverSource.jpg [ 3.66 MiB | Viewed 4383 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:45 am  (#122) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Same technique for B&W.
Attachment:
AnotherBW.jpg
AnotherBW.jpg [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 4383 times ]


Setting Linear Burn on Source.
Attachment:
AnotherLinearBurn.jpg
AnotherLinearBurn.jpg [ 2.97 MiB | Viewed 4383 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:29 am  (#123) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
I love your contributions. Some of them are superb!
Dinasset, your Black and White results are really beautiful. :paint
Also, the three different stroke angles give the image a great effect.
I did this one. :)


Attachments:
tim-liu-17-0204-2-l-Inkpen_Issa.jpg
tim-liu-17-0204-2-l-Inkpen_Issa.jpg [ 3.54 MiB | Viewed 4383 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:00 am  (#124) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
dinasset wrote:
Simply that in the tut the angles are 45 and 135, so 0 is "heretical", but that's not much different from the other "extras" you apply to it.


Now I think I understand what you mean. Didn't change the angles.
I was more focused on other effects that apparently don't stand out very much.
Yet no outcome is the same.

The sky with the trees is well done, also the bottom on the other photo.


Issabella, I love your last outcome :paint :clap And I'm glad to see you back.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:23 am  (#125) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Welcome back, my friend Isabella. Hope everything is going better with your husband.
And, you re-entered the game with a superb outcome!

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:42 am  (#126) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Ella, your masterpiece in B&W then HSV Value.
Attachment:
2019-03-26 09-36-32 Lonely as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BW.jpg
2019-03-26 09-36-32 Lonely as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BW.jpg [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 4371 times ]

Attachment:
2019-03-26 09-36-32 Lonely as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) HSV 30.jpg
2019-03-26 09-36-32 Lonely as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) HSV 30.jpg [ 2.44 MiB | Viewed 4371 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 am  (#127) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
It is beautiful, Diego :paint Especially the value outcome.
In my opinion, it reflects more the atmosphere I wanted to put into the photo manipulation.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:14 am  (#128) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Nostalgia.
Attachment:
2019-03-27 08-07-09 Dolomiti_1980_dia284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-27 08-07-09 Dolomiti_1980_dia284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.15 MiB | Viewed 4353 times ]

Attachment:
2019-03-27 08-08-33 Dolomiti_1980_dia350 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-27 08-08-33 Dolomiti_1980_dia350 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.2 MiB | Viewed 4353 times ]

Attachment:
2019-03-27 08-09-38 Dolomiti_1981_dia619 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-27 08-09-38 Dolomiti_1981_dia619 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.28 MiB | Viewed 4353 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:33 am  (#129) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14204
Location: Spain, Aragón
Dinasset and Ella, Thanks a lot.
I love your last B&W results. Beautiful images. :clap


Attachments:
neuschwanstein-2602208_Ink-Pen Drawing_Issa.jpg
neuschwanstein-2602208_Ink-Pen Drawing_Issa.jpg [ 2.78 MiB | Viewed 4352 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:36 am  (#130) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
I'm becoming a fan of Black and White for drawings.
But I admire also other monochrome or coloured outcomes. You and Ella are very nice interpreters.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:39 am  (#131) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Dolomiti, again.
Attachment:
2019-03-28 14-36-18 Dolomiti_2009_Pentax_2009-06-27_IMGP0484 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-28 14-36-18 Dolomiti_2009_Pentax_2009-06-27_IMGP0484 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 4930 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:17 am  (#132) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Using a figure in a landscape as source.
Attachment:
2019-03-28 15-10-34 spring_elven_queen_by_lucreciamortishia_dc5dm8i-fullview as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-28 15-10-34 spring_elven_queen_by_lucreciamortishia_dc5dm8i-fullview as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.4 MiB | Viewed 4929 times ]


or, with lighter strokes on the light area:
Attachment:
2019-03-28 15-10-34 spring_elven_queen_by_lucreciamortishia_dc5dm8i-fullview as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) with lighter strokes on the light area.jpg
2019-03-28 15-10-34 spring_elven_queen_by_lucreciamortishia_dc5dm8i-fullview as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) with lighter strokes on the light area.jpg [ 2.37 MiB | Viewed 4929 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:27 am  (#133) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Pieve di Cadore.
Attachment:
2019-03-29 06-23-04 Dolomiti_2005_Sanyo_20050627_Image002 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg
2019-03-29 06-23-04 Dolomiti_2005_Sanyo_20050627_Image002 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas).jpg [ 2.01 MiB | Viewed 4915 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:41 pm  (#134) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Diego, how can I make more than 2 layers to make more drawing lines?
I make one with T2 and one with T1

Attachment:
Woman.purple.JPG
Woman.purple.JPG [ 694.13 KiB | Viewed 4895 times ]


this one with a plasma grain merge

Attachment:
Woman.plasma.JPG
Woman.plasma.JPG [ 731.97 KiB | Viewed 4895 times ]

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:54 am  (#135) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
"Diego, how can I make more than 2 layers to make more drawing lines?"
Ella, you know I'm not able to write down a readable tutorial, anyhow I will try to explain my steps:
- just decided to have only single strokes (no cross)
- also decided to omit white areas from the outcome
- defined 3 intermediate points between 0 and 255, for instance: 50, 100, 150, but for each image you may choose different points
- hence defined 4 areas: 0-50, 51-100, 101-150, 151-255
- duplicated the BG 4 times
- used threshold to render each of the areas (one per layer) "black"
- applied to each area the "stroking" technique defined in the ink-pen tutorial, but varying the parameters (including the gray colour) to get darkest lines for 0-50, then lighter lines for the next areas up to the lightest lines for 151-255.

Don't know whether understandable enough to let you experiment.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:49 am  (#136) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Thank you for the explanation, Diego. I'll try it out one of these days.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:57 pm  (#137) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Attachment:
test.multiple.layers.jpg
test.multiple.layers.jpg [ 442.85 KiB | Viewed 4839 times ]


Diego, I tested your explanation with several pictures but couldn't find what I was doing wrong.
That's why I searched for a method to get multiple layers with drawn lines at different angles, myself.
I kept some white parts in the result. The light on the chin and the hand of the woman influence the outcome.
There isn't much difference between the two. Still, I like the result.

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:01 am  (#138) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
You found your way, enjoy your creativity; nice result.

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:19 am  (#139) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
My way:

B&W
Attachment:
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BW.jpg
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) BW.jpg [ 2 MiB | Viewed 4823 times ]


slightly coloured
Attachment:
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) light-colours.jpg
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) light-colours.jpg [ 1.93 MiB | Viewed 4823 times ]


...

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Ink-Pen Drawing Effect - (Tutorial updated) post 82
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:22 am  (#140) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
…

medium coloured
Attachment:
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) mid-colours.jpg
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) mid-colours.jpg [ 1.87 MiB | Viewed 4823 times ]


fully coloured
Attachment:
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) full-colours.jpg
2019-03-31 08-05-07 Dolomiti_2012_Samsung_2012-07-07_SAM_0284 as an ink-pen drawing (4 areas) full-colours.jpg [ 1.76 MiB | Viewed 4823 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group