It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:18 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Pat625 wrote:
Erisian, that is some new avatar that you have there! Very cute.

Yes, I painted him a few days ago. Glad you like him. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:32 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Erisian - thanks for your comment; this Gimp symmetry facility is fun, lends itself to post processing and seriously addictive.


Attachments:
symmetry3.png
symmetry3.png [ 1.59 MiB | Viewed 5632 times ]
symmetry_eyes_mandala.png
symmetry_eyes_mandala.png [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 5632 times ]

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:36 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Those look great, guys! I'll have to see how the plug in works!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 am  (#25) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
Pat625 wrote:
Those look great, guys! I'll have to see how the plug in works!

Think it's just a new feature/filter in Gimp 2.10. I don't remember downloading anything and found it just where Erisian said it was
Gave it another try and then arrayed
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Last edited by sallyanne on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:33 am  (#26) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
And another. Finally realised, "why not use different brushes?"
Image Also bumped.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:30 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Beautiful work sallyanne :paint :) You're right - it's a standard 2.10 plugin.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:50 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:42 pm  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:26 pm  (#30) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
From my Oz flower brushes.


Attachments:
symmetry_ozflower_mandala.png
symmetry_ozflower_mandala.png [ 2.51 MiB | Viewed 5588 times ]

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:33 am  (#31) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thank you Erisian for confirming that.
Thank you for the compliment but I don't think I'll ever get them as good looking as yours or others here. Being it is called a Symmetry Painter maybe it is better suited to painters.
I did find however it is easier to create mandalas if you use different brushes and if you increase the points. Just need the artistic mind ;)
Here are two more
Image
With a little more Gmic
Image
Brilliant OMG

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:58 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
Erisian (and/or) Sallyanne (and/or) OMG
Would you have the time and patience to make a tutorial explaining how to get these various mandalas?
Because I tried several times but the result was lamentable.

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:03 am  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Erisian, OMG and Sallyanne, wonderful, attractive mandalas. You have made me to do my try, too. Thanks, how I didn't know about this tool to create nice results.
:tyspin


Attachments:
MyFirstMandala_Issa.png
MyFirstMandala_Issa.png [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 5139 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:33 am  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
Isabella, I like your mandala too. :clap :clap :clap :clap

Please, a tutorial Image

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:54 am  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thanks Level, I'll write a tut for you, but I don't know much about it as this one has been the first one for me. Anyway, I'll tell you the steps I did. :bigthup :hi5

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:35 am  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Sorry if I have any mistake because I only try to explain what I did to get this result and this is my second Mandala.
So, I'm very dare. :oops:


Attachments:
Symmetry Painting_Steps.zip [2.94 MiB]
Downloaded 272 times
MySecondMandala_Issa.png
MySecondMandala_Issa.png [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 5125 times ]
MySecondMandala_Issa.JPG
MySecondMandala_Issa.JPG [ 489.95 KiB | Viewed 5125 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:36 am  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 10, 2018
Posts: 191
Location: Charlottesville Virginia
Issabella, thanks for taking the time to prepare the tutorial.

Dear Friends in the Distance: A fabulous series of works creating a sort of digital cathedral. Very grateful for your shared lights!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:29 am  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
Thank you Issabella Image

I'm sure it's perfect! :)

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 am  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
:wvy
Made quickly yesterday thanks to Issabella.
I do not have adequate brushes, so I borrowed the erisian brush "tree" and its brush "grass" as well as the rich2005 foliage brush and also the "birds" of gimper66 (proposed on GC). Now that I have the basics, I will be able to improve. :)
With only brush "Erisian grass":
Image

With Erisian grass and rich2005 foliage and gimper66 birds:
Image

With grass,foliage,bird.erisian trees :)
Image

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
 Post subject: Re: Hand painted mandalas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:02 am  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 09, 2018
Posts: 1888
Location: France
with brush Erisian "E_tree "and brush gimper66 "bird":

Image

_________________
Les parfums, les couleurs et les sons se répondent.Baudelaire (Les fleurs du mal)
2.10.36/(Samj) Gimp 2.10.38 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bits


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group