It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:56 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:14 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
I do not watch the show very much but the character drawings are pretty cool.I like the style.
So i found this site called sp-studio and created a small JPG image of one.trying to kinda depict myself.

Image

Outdoors type, and gray hair.(it isn't that long anymore) :)
Anyways i decided i liked the JPG image so i opened it in Inkscape and did some node sculpture with it.
I also changed a few other things with it.
Now it is my new avatar and i really like the results in vector.

Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:39 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Aug 27, 2010
Posts: 491
That was fun to play around with but I won't be using it for an avatar.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:42 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Pretty cool both of you. Nice going!

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:46 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Here's mine.
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:49 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
lol i love it! :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
These are all pretty cool. Didn't Mahvin make himself into a SP character before? :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Yes i think he did.
I was checking out an Inkscape tutorial on vectoring a character from South Park and the website was mentioned for a template.So that's kinda how i got interested. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Way cool, David!! :rofl

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:09 pm  (#9) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
I love the ACDC shirt! :)
I have an ACDC ball cap that would work nicely with it. heheh.


Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:11 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
:ninja 3 times :|

Thats basicly what I look like


Attachments:
sp-studio.jpg
sp-studio.jpg [ 44 KiB | Viewed 6684 times ]

_________________
Image
I'm back I think
Top
 Post subject: Re: In the spirit of South Park
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:12 am  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Posts: 5
Nice! I have always been a fan of South Park! I love your work guys! Esp the one with tongue sticking out! Attitude of a true SP character! :bigthup

_________________
Pet insurance


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group