It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:48 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GMIC Challenge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:34 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 17, 2020
Posts: 19
Thanks Mahvin. I noticed on the filter's "about" page, you are a contributing artist for GMIC (which also links to your artistic blog). It's very kind that you requested input for this project when you are already so incredibly talented. You modest bunker dweller with spotty wi-fi, you. I have added your blog to my ever growing to-do list for learning new things about GIMP, and now GMIC.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GMIC Challenge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:14 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
I work with kids in graphic arts, using Linux machines, loaded with GIMP, Inkscape, and free Paint programs. Recently the school district allowed us to incorporate Wacom tablets and pens. Everyday, I amazed by the talent these kids possess. Phenomenal artwork. People just need a little encouragement, even here, at GIMP Chat.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: GMIC Challenge
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Lenny wrote:
I forgot to mention, I love the t-shirts Wallace, especially the Wilbur version. Where did you find the t-shirt template?

I created the template using Inkscape.
Below is the .png and 2.10 .xcf file for the template.
Image

* * *

The attached .xcf file below,
contains all the paths.

Image


Attachment:
T-shirt Template_2.10.xcf [876.49 KiB]
Downloaded 302 times

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: GMIC Challenge
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:35 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 17, 2020
Posts: 19
Thanks Wallace, I downloaded the .xcf file. I was blown away to learn you created the template. I would have expected it came from some website like Zazzle, where you can have custom things made. As always, I hope to learn something new from studying your file. Paths are still a mystery to me, but I'm cracking them a bit here and there.

Very talented, sir. Thanks for sharing.


Mahvin, how wonderful that you are introducing a new generation to GIMP and art in general. Kudos. I wish I had had that opportunity at such a young age. If you have any extremely detailed types that lean toward drawing buildings, check out SketchUp, I think it's still free.


Top
 Post subject: Re: GMIC Challenge
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:56 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Tin, from GIMP Learn, came out with this t-shirt concept which I decided to throw my own twist into the forum.

Image

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group