It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:01 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Nice Backgrounds
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
This website has very nice free backgrounds. When you find one you like, click it and you will get a preview of what it looks like in an image. To get the seamless one, right-click the link below the preview to save it. If you don't do that you won't get the seamless tile.

http://www.backgroundlabs.com/

To use it in GIMP, open the background, Edit > Copy, Edit > Paste As New Pattern, name the Pattern and the file and save.

Image

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Nice Backgrounds
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:32 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Saved it. I'll include it in my gimp links section when I get my website remodeled. Thanks

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Nice Backgrounds
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:42 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
great resource site! I'd love to learn how to make all of these backgrounds, but I know I'll never have the time, lol.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Nice Backgrounds
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Bookmarked! =)
I downloaded some real nice ones for texture fills.
Brick, rocks, and wood.
It's always nice to find a free resource for free textures,backgrounds and patterns

Thanks for sharing O!

Here are a couple more i found grazing the web. =)
http://www.grungetextures.com/

and

http://urbandirty.com/


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group