It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:25 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Yes it is. =)
http://inkscape.org/


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:00 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Thanks for the heads up, Rod! :coolthup

I have 0.47. I expect I'll be getting an update in Fedora before long.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
?? I've had it for several weeks. Incidentally I'm scrapping my fairly expensive Xara Extreme for it. inkscape does most of what XX will do, and the few things XX will do that inkscape won't are stupid useless gimmicks anyway, it will do a lot that XX wont do and the things they both do inkscape will doo better. (Seems I should have got paid for saying that.)

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Gms9810 wrote:
(Seems I should have got paid for saying that.)
Check's in the mail. Image

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Oregonian wrote:
Gms9810 wrote:
(Seems I should have got paid for saying that.)
Check's in the mail. Image

Eagerly awaiting it, thanks.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 am  (#6) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
heheh. =)
If you have the 0.48 trial version you may want to update to the stable one.There are quite a few changes, I had the 0.48 test version too, and it's a lot different.it scared the crap out of me at first install, because i thought it would install right over the old 0.48 version as i had both 46 and 48 in different directories, and both ran nicely that way.
Well when i installed the new stable version of 0.48, it installed into Program Files/Inkscape.
Which installed right over 46 and uninstalled the old 48 test version.I thought for sure i'd lost all my SVG's.
It didn't delete any of them though.Quite a shocker when i went to look for 46 and couldn't find it.

All is well though. =)
Apparently the installer knew what it was doing thank God.I would have died if i lost my guitar SVG file, it's almost complete! =P


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
Yes, I probably had the test version too, I've had it for quite a while. I'm changing to the current one as I type. The one I had never choked up on me but your statement : "There are quite a few changes" has me looking forward to it. Nope, strike that, it's done. I'm off to explore it.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: InkScape 0.48 is out!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 pm  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
Here is a page with all the new release notes.
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php ... notes/0.48


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group