It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:01 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
I don't think it was something I did...maybe the forum software has some kind of post-Thanksgiving Stress Disorder (pTSD). My posts suddenly started showing two avatars (although my CP still only shows mine), one of which is an "O" animation. In case it fixes itself before you see it, it looks like this:
Attachment:
File comment: Avatar oddity
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png [ 369.93 KiB | Viewed 3795 times ]

Not that I object to having a little bit of O's art, but I want to be clear that it isn't my doing.

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:51 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
I have had lines between the latest 15 posts disappear occasionally but never a post in one of the forums. I don't know what causes it.

I haven't had it happen lately. I think it's a Firefox thing. FF can get a little strange at times.

I'm willing to share space with you, Bob.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:05 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
The disappearing lines between topics in the "recent topics list" is caused by a quirk when a browser is zoomed in or out. Its easily duplicated by zooming in or out on the index page. The dividing lines between threads will disappear and other strange graphic anomalies occur when a web page is zoomed (in or out) in a WEB browser.

I've never seen that double avatar thingy but my guess is a corrupt Firefox/Browser cache. Weird things can happen when a WEB browser's cache becomes corrupt.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
Hm, I hadn't thought that it might be a browser cache issue - although I do believe that this version of FF (3.6.12) seems to be slower than previously, sometimes ignores mouse clicks and acts like it doesn't want to load pages. At first I thought it might be my Linux, but everything else is okay as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the feedback.

@O, Thanks for the offer but be careful! I might get a swelled head about the size of your signature "O" :rofl

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 am  (#5) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Bob63 wrote:
@O, Thanks for the offer but be careful! I might get a swelled head about the size of your signature "O" :rofl
:lol I've been making that "O" sig for close to 6 years now; I started doing it in another forum. It's a challenge to come up with new ones and I enjoy doing it. Oregonian is such a long word to work with and most people call me, O, anyway

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:22 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
Maybe is not so strictly related but, in case you have the AUTOPAGE FF extension or even the Autopage Greasemonkey script i suggest to disable when browsing gimpchat or much more weird thing will happen...as totally screwed up layout

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I use FireFox all the time, and it's never happened to me. Knock on wood! =P


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
@PC,
I do use Greasemonkey, but none of the scripts should affect this forum's display. I don't have either the Autopage add-in or the script.

It hasn't happened except that one visit - which sort of freaked me out because I looked to some other pages besides the one in the screenshot and they all showed the double avatar for me. I guess it was a FF hiccup.

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Top
 Post subject: Re: More forum weirdness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
i was not talking of FF in general but of Autopager
same for greasemonkey the autopage script is cool, also to read long topic on forums but here just make a mess

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group