It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:33 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Well; took your original (and cool by the way) tut and then went wack on it (so many things; don't ask. May actually look like number 2 to some of you. lol) and concocked this result. ;)

:)

Image

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
lylejk - Excellent results and love the texture you have created but I hate to say this but you've spelt chocolate wrong. :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
a bit darker and it would look like Twix, lyle :mrgreen:


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:22 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
You are right he4rty. lol

Not going to recreate the result though so future folk looking at this thread will know I'm only human. ;)

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Great chocolate Lyle. There looks to be enough for all of us with that long word.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:43 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 11, 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Germany
Very nice results!
G`MIC -> Graphic Novel makes the original file to dark chocolate:
:hehe


Attachments:
dark chocolate.jpg
dark chocolate.jpg [ 44.24 KiB | Viewed 4862 times ]

_________________
Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:46 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
'Yummy'

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:47 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
After Eight Chris :mrgreen:

now you need some cracks and green slime oozing out of it :clap


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Chris F wrote:
Very nice results!
G`MIC -> Graphic Novel makes the original file to dark chocolate:
:hehe


Fifty shades of chocolate.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:54 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Didn't want to go too dark with mine, but I did dup, run Graphic Novel but it actually made my result look to bright so I set the result to multiply, then dupped and set that result to saturation and blended opacities of both layers to taste. Also crudely fixed my spelling error. lol

:)


Image

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 pm  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Did you secretly eat the "H".

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
and it was yummie he4rty. lolol

:)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
@Esper I see what you mean about accidents, this can get addictive. Using more or less the same steps ended up with something totally different:
Image
Think I better get on with other things now but it was fun for a break ;)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:11 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
i think you should do more, because that looks really awesome !

how did you get the crusty/terrycloth texture ??


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:19 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
Uh, well I think it was mostly due to adding HSV noise to the blurred layer that's used for bump map. Beyond that I'm not exactly sure what settings I used but the rest is like this tutorial (but only up to the apply bump map part). When I saw it looked furry I thought I'd go with it and use select -> distort to break up the edges a bit.


Last edited by garagecoder on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Yeah; I would like to know too; this is pretty darn cool gc. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:53 am  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I finally got around to doing your chocolate Chris. I think I should have used a lighter BG, but too late now :teeth

Image


Thank you...keep-em-coming

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:20 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 11, 2013
Posts: 254
Location: Germany
@graagecoder: how did you do that furry text...it looks cool.
@molly: yes ! I like it! :bigthup

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Sep 24, 2012
Posts: 275
Location: Scotland
Hah OK I'll attempt to retrace my steps since it wasn't too hard, I still feel a bit guilty about hijacking both your thread and your method though :oops:


Top
 Post subject: Re: Melting Chocolate Text
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 am  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very nice garagecoder. Do you want this moved to the tutorial section?

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group