It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:02 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm  (#1) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
I decided to create a new blog site.Feel free to stop by and say hello everyone! =)
http://simplysignage.110mb.com/blog/blog/index.php


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:02 pm  (#2) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
I would comment in it Rod, but it wants my name and email address. I really don't want those in my comment.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 04, 2010
Posts: 2253
Location: Retired Moderator Slowly Returning to the Living.
I commented, but I used one of my older email addresses.

_________________
Artists aren't crazy! We're eccentric! ~G.M. Ross

Image

My Sigs = My Photos
Check out my work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomastergreg.


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 30, 2010
Posts: 1937
Location: Missouri
I rarely use my real name and always use an email address that I use only for junk. I stopped by, left a note and will stop by frequently, thanks for letting me/us know about it.

_________________
Image
The last time I kept an open mind,
my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
No more open minds or dogs for me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:11 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Thanks folks, ill see what i can do about that name and email thing O. ;)
Hey O you can just put an O in there for a name now and nothing else if you wish.
I tested it with just Admin as my name and entered the spam code...should work for you that way now.
Sorry for any inconvenience.


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Looks good Rod. The blog has a nice clean look. What software are you using? I don't recognize it.

I kinda like Wordpress but maybe that's because I'm already familiar with it.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 pm  (#7) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
I commented. Added your website to Watch That Page for updates. :mrgreen:

http://www.watchthatpage.com/

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 am  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
Thanks Tux, and O.
This is actually a Web Builder 7 blog extension module Tux developed by LuckNoWebs http://lucknowwebs.com/blog-extension/ for Web Builder 7. If you are not familiar with Web Builder 7, it is a WYSIWYG web builder suite.
You have to have web builder to use it, as it is an add-on plug-in for it.

Just like Gimp, users can create their own extensions, and upload them for others to use.

The program itself isn't free, but once you buy it you have access to over 300 modules, or plug-in extension to add onto it, that you can download and install via the user interface, (something i wish Gimp had). There are many extensions such as lightbox modules, widgets, jquery.Even mp3 flash players. Very nice inexpensive web-design software (about 70 USD).Not many of the WYSIWYG editors out there do what they say, this one does. =)

I can code my own CSS and XHTML, but this does it all for you, so much faster and cleaner.


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 am  (#9) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Rod wrote:
Thanks folks, ill see what i can do about that name and email thing O. ;)
Hey O you can just put an O in there for a name now and nothing else if you wish.
I tested it with just Admin as my name and entered the spam code...should work for you that way now.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thanks Rod. I thought it would show my email address. I didn't care if you had it but didn't want it to show.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: My new blog
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm  (#10) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16197
If anything else comes up that seems to invade anyone's privacy, please let me know.I will do whatever i can to change it to fit everyone's needs.Also if anyone has any ideas for blocks in the menu let me know.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group